Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Snooki & Superbowl

If you're like me and you unapologetically love Jersey Shore, you watched it last night and saw Sammi and Ronnie get into their 253rd fight.  This one was about cleaning out the refrigerator.  (You also saw the 956th time Sammi used the word "honestly" in a bitchfest since the inception of the show.)  All I could think was, these two live with each other for 8 weeks out of the year, and they're freezing each other out all day over who should clean out the refrigerator?  (Freezing, refrigerator--no pun intended, I swear.  I only caught it as I was proofreading.)  If  Dave and I held grudges against each other over mundane household chores, we'd both be dead.  Well, okay, I'd be dead.  I have to say I have less to complain about my husband's housework ethic than the average wife.  He's a great cook, and his laundry theory is pretty much the same as mine: throw it all in and hope for the best.  So to shake things up a bit--and also a little inspired by this past week's Worst Cooks in America--I suggested that we each come up with two appetizers to make for the Superbowl this Sunday.

The only problem?  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO MAKE!!!!

That's where you, loyal reader, comes in.  I'm asking for suggestions for delicious appetizer recipes fit for an un-domestic goddess such as myself.  Do keep in mind that when it comes to cooking I have the mental capacity of a nine-year-old.  No, that's not fair to nine-year-olds.  The mental capacity of a chimpanzee, aw hell.  The mental capacity of an orange.  I'll look forward to your feedback, as always.

While we're on the Jersey Shore topic, I have to wonder something.  On last week's episode, after purchasing a stripper pole for the house (what?  You don't have one in yours?) Snooki asked the clerk, "This isn't gonna show up as 'stripper pole' on my credit card, is it?"  Considering 5 million people just saw you buy one on national television, I think the secret's out.  Not to mention all the other things she's done on national television.

Ronnie was back with Sammi this week after she punched him in the face last week.  Don't feel too bad for him, though; I hear he's going to parlay the experience into a very lucrative duet with Eminem.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Make 7 layer dip! All you have to do is brown your meat, layer the ingredients and bake. Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The husband here is a better cook than the wife, too! Works out just fine!

    ReplyDelete